Terms & Conditions
of taking part in the WSB Midnight Walk 19th May 2017
- You must be aged 11 years or over on event night
- All 11 – 17 year olds must have their registration form signed by a guardian who is aged 18 years or over on event night. The guardian must also be registered to take part in the walk and must accompany the adolescent on the walk on the night. Each guardian can only be responsible for three under 18 year olds.
- All 11-17 year old and guardian forms must be sent in together or registered online together.
- You must register to take part by filling in a registration form or completing the online registration and paying the £15 registration fee. All entries will be processed in the order we receive them. Closing date for entries is Monday 15th May 2017 or earlier should the entry be reached.
- One cheque must be received with each entry, please put name and address on the back of your cheque. Please do not send cash in the post.
- Entry forms must be returned by Monday 15th May 2017 and you will receive notification that you have been accepted within 14 days of your registration.
- Your registration fee covers all expenses i.e. t-shirt, medal, refreshments and is not refundable.
- If you are unable to take part, please let us know as soon as possible. The sponsorship form must be returned even if it has no entries. You must not “give” your place to anyone else.
- No pets or animals are permitted at the Midnight Walk or on the event route (except guide/assistance dogs).
- On NO account is alcohol to be brought into or consumed prior to and during the event.
- This walk is not a race and no walkers are allowed to run or jog. No walker must pass the nominated lead walker.
- Walking along public roadways at night is potentially hazardous and Woking & Sam Beare Hospices and their employees and volunteers cannot be held responsible for any personal injury, accident, loss, damage or public liability. Some areas of the course include narrow pathways and uneven grounds, marshals will be in place where necessary but walkers are advised to take extra precaution and walk single file where necessary.
- All participants should be in reasonable health and fitness.
- All participants are responsible for their own medical condition, if in any doubt about your ability to finish the WSB Midnight Walk, please consult your doctor prior to commencing your exercise programme.
- Please note photographs and video will be taken at the Midnight Walk both on behalf of the Hospices and by press and we reserve the right to use this material for future promotional purposes.
- Please note it is necessary for us to record your details in order for you to participate in this event. Information you provide during registration will be recorded on the Woking & Sam Beare Hospices database, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We will keep you informed about our work and how your support helps us to care for patients and their families across Surrey. We never sell or swap your details with third parties. If you would prefer NOT to receive this information please contact our Fundraising Team on 01483 881752. Please note, if you choose to remove yourself from our mailing list we will be unable to notify you about any of our events in the future (including the Midnight Walk). If you would like to still hear about fundraising events but do not wish to receive other general mailings please let us know, and we will update your mailing preferences accordingly.